Sunday, September 29, 2013

Basement Reveal?

I'm not sure I can call it a basement "reveal" since I never told you all I was redoing my basement, but here it is anyway.

Our basement went from this...


and this (these chairs were cute but horribly uncomfortable)


and this...




To this...


Built-ins! Built-ins to hold all the toys and games and ugly equipment and DVDs, etc.


Built-ins to hold our precious books. We are a family of readers, and these books that had been living in plastic storage bins for four long years finally got to come out of the closet.


Built-ins to house a TV that is 21st century. It's even a smart TV, which I find ironic, but that's another topic.


When we moved in four years ago, we finished the basement. We debated the possibility of built-ins, but ultimately, it seemed a waste of a lot of money. It's a basement, after all.

But after living here for a while, we knew we needed an extra family space. The family womb, as we call it, is lovely but small.


Now everyone can stretch out, relax, and enjoy the show.


Have a great week!

Linking up with Savvy Southern Style!
http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/2013/10/wow-us-wednesdays-138.html
 and the Style Sisters!
http://thestylesisters.blogspot.com/2013/10/centerpiece-wednesday-95.html

16 comments:

  1. The built-ins are gorgeous! So glad your books could come out of the closet :) The whole room looks like a happy place to be. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is gorgeous. The builtins are fabulous and I love the couches and accessories. Gorgeous redo. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a happy space! Your new bookcases really polish off the space - it doesn't look like a basement at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your space, it looks really relaxed and comfy. You have all of your entertainment close at hand and it's all organized nicely. You did good!!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzanne- You did a great job on the basement. I love that it looks so family friendly and comfy cozy. Great job. Gotta love a smart TV...most of them are smarter than I am anymore- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I have always loved built ins and yours are great. What a wonderful gathering space.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Suzanne what a fabulous makeover...I LOVE the built ins! The whole room looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully done!! Love the brightness and the coziness of this space.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa, now that's a makeover! My favourite part of the built in decor is how great the painted flags look in it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the built ins. Everything looks so light and bright and welcoming. What a wonderful place this will be on cold winter days. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a great job, it is just so pretty. I love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW...can I come live in your basement. Looks awesome. So cozy and colorful. The built in bookshelf is great and all your accessories are so cute. Love the pillows on the couch too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was just thinking and wondering how bult ins would look in my basement and bam!! here you have it...wow it looks so good and makes the room look bigger..I am so doing this! Come link up to the Style Sisters party and share this post with us. http://thestylesisters.blogspot.com/2013/10/centerpiece-wednesday-95.html
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your basement is wonderful! I bet you'll get lots of snuggly use out of that space. Those built ins are just what you needed...really we all need them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your basement looks totally different from the previous one. It looks fresher and more organized now. The old setup was much brighter, but you were able to balance the lighting in the current one. The lamps offer luxury in a comfortable atmosphere!

    Lynn Williamson @ DAL Builders

    ReplyDelete
  16. The room is beautiful and the built in cabinetry is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...