Thursday, August 22, 2013

Home With Heart in the Heartland: The Exterior

Just like my dear friend in the Heartland, this home is beautiful inside and out. Here are a few shots I took while visiting a couple of weeks ago.


The only part of our friendship I don't like is that we've never lived in the same city!


Everything about this home is personal, and I love the welcoming lanterns adorning the front walk.


 Such great details, too!




This house is pretty from any vantage point. Such nice balance here, yet not overly symmetrical.


Such a gorgeous chimney! Maybe it's just me, but I like the look of a house with open windows.



We spent a lot of time on this sweet porch.






Is it just me, or does the guy on the right look like Jack Nicholson?




Years ago when I was struggling to publish my first novel, I received a pig just like this one from my Heartland friend. The box was so heavy! Of course, I was delighted when I saw a little pig of my very own. Ever since I've considered winged pigs good luck, a sign of promise and hope. Impossible things, like pigs flying (and struggling writers getting published), do happen.

Not too long after my pig arrived, I got not one but TWO publishing contracts!






Here's hoping you have a miraculous weekend.



5 comments:

  1. What a sweet home-warm and charming. I bet it is just like its owner. Love that she gave you the pig....but it was your writing that made it fly you know- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's certainly cozy and welcoming!! Isn't it a blessing to have friends you love spending time with AND they have an inviting beautiful home? ;)
    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful home...love all the pretty gardens and seating areas especially that stone patio!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an absolutely lovely home. The feeling is very much that it is loved and used! I loved the fact that there were several different seating areas in the porch and garden. That is exactly what I have tried to do with my garden! Problem is that, apart from this year, the summer isn't always good for sitting out here in the UK!! Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking back at some older posts...boy does that summer time yard look great to me right now! What a beautiful home.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...