Thursday, August 15, 2013

A Home With Heart in the Heartland

Like a good glass of red wine, this home tour should be savored.


On Saturday morning, youngest daughter and I flew to Chicago to visit one of my oldest and very dearest friends. For the last two years, she has lived abroad with her husband and children. First, in England and then in France. For a glimpse into her life across the pond, go here:  http://daffodil-hill.blogspot.com/search?q=across+the+pond


I've included shots taken in the evening and during the daytime. Either way, this abode is lovely and colorful.



While the construction is new, this place feels sturdy and substantial, a house that will age gracefully for sure.

Y'all know I love color, and I also admire folks who decorate with their own tastes and experiences in mind. A red dining room, if done well, is never out of style.



On Saturday night there was risotto on the stove and the sound of children and the eager anticipation of catching up with an old friend. Nothing says love like a well-worn pot on the stove.


Such a beautiful table!



















I'll have more pictures of this fabulous home on Monday. For now, I am off to enjoy my last weekend before teachers return to school on Monday.


Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous home, Suzanne. She/they have excellent taste and I can see how warm and homey it is there. You would NEVER know it was new construction-it has the feel of "settled". It sounds like you had a wonderful visit- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors she chose to decorate with, they are so warm and inviting. A beautiful home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely home! I love the rich colours and feeling of warmth and comfort. You feel as if you would be very welcome here and asked to come in, sit down, take off your shoes and relax! Just so nice and comforting and yet classy1 Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous home! I love all the french country touches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Again my thanks for posting this lovely home!!!! I could move right in and be happy for the rest of my life! Kudos to your friend!
    Blessings,
    J

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...