Sunday, July 21, 2013

When the Kids Are Away...

Okay, so you all know how much I've been dreading Cassie's departure. It was hard, so enough said about that. But then on Friday, I dropped the "little girls" (not so little anymore, I realize) off at summer camp.

They were delighted to be there and EAGER for me to leave. As in, hauling their stuff at a break-neck pace to their cabins and giving me kisses and also looks that said It's time for you to go now.


They are doing me a serious favor by posing for this picture.

I did manage to snap a few pics along the way. It's a sweet little camp.



Afterwards, I headed to the nearby outlets for a little retail therapy. Two cardigans from J Crew, a pair of shorts, and two dresses from Banana Republic later ($14.99 a piece!), I made a beeline to Oxford, my favorite town on the planet.

I purchased a delicious chicken salad sandwich from the local market.


Then I headed here for an afternoon of reading and writing poolside. It really is so very heart- wrenching when your children leave you for bigger and better things.


Later, I met the most charming man. It was love at first sight. We even spent the weekend together.


I think we may live happily ever after.


3 comments:

  1. You certainly have handled the empty nest well! I suppose day two will be more of the same. sigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always a new adventure when you have kids and it looks like you are on the right track. You and hubby are so cute together! :)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I remember when I took our kids to their first camp. I was crying so much when I got home and than I started to think it was the first time that Hubby and I had alone in along time. So we too enjoyed the week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...