Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Summer in the House: The Kitchen

Everything looks better in the summer, and my kitchen is no exception. I love all the pretty light coming in and the fact that everything outside is green and/or blooming.


The kitchen is experiencing many teeny problems this year, however: ANTS! I try something, they disappear for a bit, and then they're back! I am so close to calling in the big guns. I have some traps for now, so we'll see if that works.


A few of the light bulbs under the cabinets need to be replaced. This is on my to-do list. The very bottom of my to-do list. Just writing about changing light bulbs makes me yawn.



I purchased some tea and even called my ant (this "ant" was a slip up, but I left it so you can see how preoccupied I am with these wretched critters) to find out exactly how she makes her oh-so-southern sweet tea. She explained everything, then said, "Oh, and I use two cups of sugar. That could explain why mine is so good."

Um, yeah.



My good friend gave me this sweet tray.


And once we get our first batch of tomatoes, I will line them up on the window ledge. This always says summer to me.


Happy hump day!

4 comments:

  1. Your kitchen looks very summery and serene, I love your cabinets and counters. Oh, yes, the tomatoes lined up on the window sill say it all. And baskets of fresh fruit. But with the ants...I had them, too, about a month ago. The little baby ones that would swarm on anything left on the counter near my sink. I Googled home remedies and found that if you spray lemon juice and water where you think they are getting in, they will stay away. Unfortunately, they must have had a secret entrance. Then I read that they like to eat cornmeal but can't digest it, so they die. That helped a lot, I put a little mound on a piece of paper and I could see where they had burrowed in. And I broke down and used the ant traps, too. They've been gone for awhile. I just worry about using Raid as I have dogs and who wants it near their food prep?

    Good luck and have a Happy 4th!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen looks just lovely with the summer sun brightening it up. Nicely done and neat as a pin. You ought to see my mini-messes right now- I have been cooking ALL DAY long getting ready for tomorrow- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful space to work in. I can only dream of having that much counter top! I will have tomatoes lined up on the windowsill, though. Two cups of sugar in iced tea? Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the post! Really such a nice and decent information shared here with awesome stuff…
    I also provide this service.please visit my site. New Kitchens Sydney Generally I don't learn post on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very compelled me to take a look at and do it! Your writing style has been surprised me. Thank you, very great article.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...