Thursday, July 18, 2013

S'mores & Beer

Right now I am ALL about enjoying summer. In fact, I feel almost childlike about it. Every morning while watering the garden or going for a jog or taking my girls for their pre-camp Target run, I think about how fleeting this precious season is and how very much I love her, have always loved her.


I'm forty-nine, but I still like going barefoot or spraying myself with the hose.


I enjoy watching people eat ice cream. Not that I don't love eating it myself. I do! But I love the way a long line at the ice cream stand brings out the nice in people.


My husband has many wonderful traits, but it's his quirks I love most. Uh, beer and s'mores for one.


To me it's funny that this child can say "It's an ugly barnacle" over and over and over in the back seat of the car until her sisters are ready to scream. I find myself egging her on.


Patriotic attire for sure!


And just in case you were running out of ideas for marshmallows, here is something truly different.
Try doing this while repeating "It's an ugly barnacle."



Life is good. Yes, children fly away and head west and time goes much too fast, but this summer of 2013 feels miraculous somehow. They all do, actually.



5 comments:

  1. Your girls are so cute! it looks like all of you enjoy summer. You do not look your age!! Tell me your profile picture is old!!!

    I'd love for you to stop by! :)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I never thought of putting marshmallows in my eyes. I just may try that while saying it's just and ugly barnacle! I do love that you are wringing every possible minute of enjoyment out of your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post!!! Happy summer to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love summer, too and it looks like you all are having a lot of fun. I don't think you are ever too old to go barefoot and spray yourself with water. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures and I love hot summer days (usually-except when it is oppressive). I love going barefoot and going thru the sprinkler with the kids. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...