Thursday, June 27, 2013

Summer in the House: The Mudroom

I love yellow. Out of all the colors in my home, this one is my favorite. It says howdy in such a big way.


I wouldn't want this wild color in every room, mind you. We all like peace and quiet once in a while. Still, I have no regrets about going bold here.


As they say, it's just paint, and I am not afraid of paint. Or color.




The powder room is just off the mudroom. For a while now, I've considered wallpapering it, but still haven't committed for some reason.



At the end of the day, it's nice to have that buffer zone, a place where kids can drop backpacks and take off shoes. Plus, this little space is like summer all year!





1 comment:

  1. You know, there is just something cheerful about a yellow room, isn't there? I love yours- It is so homey and welcoming feeling.

    When my girls were little they had a soft yellow nursery. When we looked at bedding for their princess beds when there were 5&6 both wanted yellow and white..and we had yellow & white carpeting with green accents. I loved it and so did they. Now, I have a small downstairs sitting room that is a golden color and it is a perfect backdrop for the pictures we have with the blues and golds in them. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...