Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Happy Campers

My girls started summer camp this week, and they are eager to get up in the mornings and fairly willing to go to bed at night. I love watching the whole thing and hearing their stories. And they have many stories, some rather disturbing, but I guess that's part of the summer camp journey. Apparently, the arts and crafts teacher is a Trunchbull twin, and Elsbeth is in a group with mostly boys. Flannery stumbled upon a haunted house yesterday, complete with a growling chainsaw.

I did not ask for specifics.
Sometimes it's good to just let them have their journey.


To smile at the wacky faces.


To assume that the youngest child will eventually outgrow this particular pose for pictures.


And to encourage your oldest daughter to get in the car you see behind these two clowns and head off to California. That's right, the oldest will soon be attending graduate school at the University of Southern California.



I suppose I'll post about this when the time for her departure draws near. I sincerely hope that those of you who have been through the letting-them-fly stage will offer sage advice or at least a few cyber tissues.



3 comments:

  1. I LOVE all those camp "faces". You can tell they are having a ball and they look like sweet girls- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls are beautiful!! Best of luck to your oldest heading off to grad school...very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so adorable. They remind me of my granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...