Saturday, March 2, 2013

How Many Lamps Is Too Many Lamps?


My favorite room in our house is the living room. I painted it a pale yellow right after we moved in three-plus years ago, and it's bright and cheerful, and there are lots of pretty things here. There's a good bit of natural sunlight, too, which I love, but I also love lamplight. That cozy yellow glow from outside makes me feel all warm on the inside, especially as I pull up the driveway after a long day at work.



My newest lamp is from Country Curtains. I debated over whether or not to buy it. It was just after the holidays, and I did not need to spend any more money. But she proved irresistible.



This lamp was a gift when my hubby and I were married. I love her shape.



This one is gorgeous, too. She was a splurge a few years ago from one of my favorite home stores in town. The shade is so pretty, as is the finial. You can't see it here, but it matches the base of the lamp.



This one was inspired by a dear friend of mine. She LOVES these Tiffany lamps, and I decided the color would look nice against the white in this spot. It's beautiful at night!



This fashion model is from a local lighting store. She's an oldie but a goodie. She's also very adaptable, as she has lived in many spots. Notice the lovely shadow on the wall.



On a dreary, cold day like this one, a girl needs some lamplight.



And some fresh flowers.



How many lamps is too many lamps? When I posed this question to my husband, he said, "If you've got a dark corner, put a lamp in it."  I agree!


Have a great rest of the weekend.

13 comments:

  1. I love all of your lamps. Yellow is my favorite color for walls too. Love the bright cheerfulness of it. I agree with you husband. Every dark corner needs a lamp.
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lamp light is so cozy! I like your husband's answer! Your living room is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the yellow paint color...it's so cheery! And I love all of your lamps, especially your new one. They make a house a home!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzanne, from someone who did an earlier post on nothing except the amount of lamps in her home, you will get no argument from me. No one can ever have too many lamps or candles ..Your room is beautiful and so are all your lamps..Happy Weekend..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of them! Each are very unique but work perfectly in your beautiful living room! I agree with your husband..."put a lamp in it!"
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a lamp lover too, so I say you can never have too many! This is one of my favorite rooms in your home too:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous lamps. Love your newest addition. I love lamps also. I have no idea how many I own, but it's a lot!! Happpy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with your Hubby too. The bigger the room the more lamps one needs I say.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yours are just perfect, all different but make the room. I just love your taste, your living room is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love lamps, too and have never thought there could be too many :)
    Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a stunning collection of lamps!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I say you can't have too many lamps. I love that large farm house painting. Such a great pop of color.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank god I am not the only one. I thought I was an aberration.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...