Monday, March 11, 2013

Details Matter

When I was growing up, my mother, brother, and I shared ONE TEENY-TINY bathroom. And let me just say it here: things got ugly. My two youngest daughters have their own small bathroom. And let me just say it here: things still get ugly, but only sometimes.

Recently, I decided to change out the hardware. The old is on the left. The new is on the right.


I just didn't care for the clunky, dark hardware, especially in such a light-hearted bathroom.






Things rarely go as planned around here. After installing all the hardware myself (not rocket science!), I ended up with this…


Yep. The pretty glass knob snapped off. So, I trekked to the mall on a Sunday. I hate the mall on weekends. Too many people. Too many cars.

They were nice at Anthropologie, however. I returned the broken piece no problem.


She's a cute little thing, and I love the orange and blue.


Goes well with the wall color and the tile.



Hope you're having a manageable Monday!

4 comments:

  1. She is a very sweet knob. My girls shared a bathroom, too...back in the day of Laura Ashley paisley and florals. I love the fresh, modern tone of your bathroom...and the ruffled curtain is great- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you hate it when your doing something like that you are anxious to finish and something goes wrong. But well worth the trip, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope you have better luck with the new one. It is pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...