Saturday, February 23, 2013

A Very Stupid Day


This morning was dreary and cold and rainy and hideous, so I decided I would finally catch up on my blog. I took lots of pretty pictures of my living room with all the lights on and headed downstairs to my computer.

This is when the trouble started…



I tried to upload the new shots on Picasa Web, but realized everything was different. This is what happens when you neglect your blog for three months. I could NOT upload a thing. Every time I clicked and dragged, the pictures were huge, so HUGE that I couldn't see the "create album" button.

Ah, the joys of blogging.

So I downloaded some weird thingy, and it started spinning like mad and flicking through every picture on my computer. I panicked and clicked out of that quickly. If somehow the whole world ends up with a picture of me in a bathing suit, I sincerely apologize.

I was extremely irritated by this point, so I went to the kitchen for a snack. I took a few deep breaths and thought about how much I like my kitchen.


Later, I took my girls to horseback riding lessons and went to the gym. This calmed me down considerably.

Still, I really, really, REALLY wanted to create a new post, so I went back to Picasa Web and tried and tried and tried to no avail.

Finally, I ended up in here because this room makes me really happy. Except this room doesn't look like this anymore because I have long since taken down my fall decorations! Of course, I can't show you how the room looks TODAY because I am crazy and have forgotten how to use Picasa Web, or Picasa Web is crazy and they keep changing things.


So now what? Well, funny you should ask. If had my druthers, I'd say to heck with this very stupid day and go here. But I don't have my druthers.


And a nap is not that appealing for some reason.


By this afternoon things were getting dangerous, as in, I started seriously considering going to the paint store.


Not that kinda paint, although it is tempting.

Actually, I started thinking about painting the bathroom. Again. If I do paint this bathroom it will be the THIRD time I have painted this bathroom. Why? Because I keeping painting this bathroom the wrong color.


Finally, I ended up back at my computer. Picasa Web and I are still not getting along, but at least I blogged. Maybe that will make me feel better. Your sweet comments (and suggestions!) might help, too.


9 comments:

  1. I have never used Picassa. I load my pictures onto my computer and then pull the ones I want into Picmonkey- save them back to my computer and do it that way. That is the way I have always done it but I am sure there are several other ways to do it. Love your kitchen AND I love your room, too....Fall decorations and all~ Have a good resst of the weekend- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often have problems with Picasa, and they have changed it I think. I figured out a work around, but I couldn't tell you what it is if I had to! It is very frustrating. I like Picmonkey ok, but am not crazy about it. I wish we had a simple program with lots of edit options that wasn't always changing. Oh well, here's to a better day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! Yes we all have trouble from time to time and it is sooo irritating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your problems. I just started editing my pictures and everyone recommended Picmonkey. It's very easy to use but I am having a problem saving the watermark. I'll just keep plugging along. Good luck!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to see you're back!!! I understand taking a break, though. I feel your photo uploading frusteration. Lately, I've had my fair share of that kind of ridiculousness, too. Anyways, your kitchen is really beautiful,I don't think I've seen it before! I hope to see you again soon!
    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzanne try using picmonkey, that's what I use it's easy and fast! Your home always looks beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to see you back...yes, like the others above I suggest you try Picmonkey. And either way, I always enjoy seeing your lovely kitchen!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope things are working better! Glad to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank so much for all your sweet comments! I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. Stupid mistake. I should blog more so as not to forget how! So glad to "see" all of you here!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...