Friday, December 7, 2012

The Season of Love


Christmas is truly my favorite season. I love the lights, especially this time of year. I love the smells. I love the best excuse ever to overeat—Christmas cookies. I love the cards, even the ones with braggy Christmas letters inside. I love the brown boxes waiting on my porch. I love the silly anticipation of the Secret Snowflake party at work. I love the decorating. And I also love the reason for the season: the miracle of the virgin birth. 




Even though we rarely drink it, I love buying eggnog at the store. Of course, some weeks later I discover it behind a carton of juice and have to throw it out.


I love putting bows on things and lighting all the candles.


I love the frasier fir spray that really does smell like a fresh Christmas tree.


I love quirky decorations.



I love poinsettias.


I love red berries and greenery.


I love stockings.


I love glass Christmas balls.


I love glass candlesticks and my S-A-N-T-A letters.


I love Christmas movies. I also love the fact that I captured Will Ferrell's face like this.



I even love this wonky little tree.  He is a wonky thing, isn't he?


I love, love, love my dining room!


I love the view from our dining room window. I especially love the fact that my husband put the lights on this tree.



I love fresh greenery and flowers. I also love the touches of red in my dining room.


I love the fact that I bought this ribbon years and years ago and that I STILL use it every year.


I love Christmas cupcakes, another good reason for overeating.












I love putting sweets in the advent calendar. There is something highly rebellious in knowing that for the entire month of December my children eat candy before breakfast.


I love the bow around this duck's neck because I swore I would never be the sort of woman who tied a bow around a duck's neck, and now I am that woman.


I love this glittery angel.


I love that I asked my dogs to give me their I Love Christmas! faces and this is what I got.

And I love my blogger friends. Thanks for stopping by!

Linking up with...
http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2012/12/145th-table-top-tuesday.html
http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/2012/12/wow-us-wednesdays-96.html


12 comments:

  1. Beautiful decorations. Love the faces of your dogs. They just aren't into it, are they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are enjoying the Christmas season! Your home is beautiful. I love that Santa and Mrs. Claus hugging--that is adorable! Your pups have cute Christmas faces--they seem a little bored with it all though :) Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post!! Your home looks beautiful all dressed for Christmas, love all your touches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh- How pretty everything looks. You know what really caught my eye out of all your pretties? The sparkled star with the holly wreath on that says Merry Christmas and the beautiful angel at the end of your post...oh and I love the outside tree-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many sweet touches around your home. I love seeing everyone's different nativity scenes. Also, colored balls are one of my favorites :)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your home looks lovely all decked out for Christmas. Your dogs faces are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful decorations -- your house looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And I love all your decor! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the beautiful details in your home! And how cute are those dogs!!! The advent calendar is so pretty - and what's wrong with a little candy in the morning!
    Cheers! - Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  10. And I love this post. You have captured so many of the things I love about Christmas too. And I love candy before breakfast :-)
    Merry Christmas
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I may need some candy to start the day. I love all of your decor, everything is so beautiful and I love the lighted tree outside, so perfect. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your home looks so festive! I really like your Santa and Mrs. Santa figurines!

    Your dogs look contemplative!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...