Saturday, November 3, 2012

Happy Anniversary To Me!

On November 14th I will celebrate my one-year blogger anniversary. I will buy myself roses and champagne and perhaps indulge in a massage. Actually, I probably won't do any of those things. More than likely, I'll be in bed by nine o'clock. But I have really enjoyed this past year of blogging. I like sharing my home. I LOVE looking at your homes. This all started because I Googled "pretty houses," and Savvy Southern Style showed up. I took one look at that house and was hooked.

With my new job, I rarely have time to comment and follow and post the way I'd like to, but on nights when I am exhausted and missing hearth and home, I find myself returning to your lovely spaces. There is so much beauty in the world, and often it's in the form of a warm casserole or a baby's nursery or a few fall decorations. I believe what we are all doing here is celebrating life.

In honor of that, I have organized a home tour post. I hope you enjoy. I also hope you know how much your kind and supportive comments have meant to me over this past year, especially given all my BIG transitions.







Our foyer is small. This wallpaper was my husband's idea, and I have to say this is one of my favorite parts of our home. It's bright and cheery, and welcoming. Our entry may be small, but it makes a strong first impression.






This fixture is from Schoolhouse Lighting. My advice to those trying to inject big style into a small home is to splurge now and then. The advantage of small spaces is that you can afford pricier things—great wall coverings or high quality accessories.









More lighting from Schoolhouse. Must be the teacher in me, but I love that place!


I also love a clean, functioning kitchen. When folks have too much stuff on their counters, I always wonder how they prepare food. It may look pretty, but I want to roll out some cookie dough!



Give me an Oriental rug any day! Classic and timeless and resistant to all things—muddy riding boots, spaghetti sauce, and yes, even dog vomit. And just think of all the labor that went into this work of art. And they just get prettier over time.




It's such a nice place to come home to. I treasure my home even more these days!




















Years ago I remember feeling somewhat marginalized because I was a stay-at-home mom who loved decorating. Now I'm grateful for all those days I spent painting and fixing and fussing and combing the aisles of Home Goods. I come home every night to a house that makes me happy. There is no job more important than that of taking care of my family. Preaching to the choir here, I realize, which is why I love this blogger land so very much.

Linking up with the following:
http://debbie-debbiedoos.com/painting-furniture-makeovers.html
http://www.cozylittlehouse.com/2012/11/tweak-it-tuesday-14/
http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2012/11/140th-table-top-tuesday.html
http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/2012/11/wow-us-wednesdays-91.html
http://www.impartinggrace.com/2012/11/grace-at-home-no-35-welcome.html

26 comments:

  1. Happy Blogiversary Suzanne! I'm so happy I found your blog, I love seeing your beautiful home! Fabulous tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogiversary. And Yes, your home is charming. Hope you got to treat yourself by going to bed early ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on you upcoming blog anniversary. Your home is so lovely and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for showing your beautiful home. I absolutely love the windows, and the french doors with the wreaths. Smiles, xo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on one year blogging! Your home is gorgeous and you have done it up beautifully. I love your entry-it would make me smile every time I walked in the door. Your other rooms follow suit! It is WONDERFUL- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary, Suzanne, and thank you for the tour of your beautiful home. I absolutely love your wallpaper and your taste in window dressings. Each room has it's own personality but they all blend beautifully! I can see why you love coming home at the end of the day! :)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary and thanks for the tour of your beautiful home :)

    Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. I throughly enjoyed your beautiful home tour. Happy Blogging Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary! I remember the first time I found your blog - your entry way photo drew me in! Your home is so lovely, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have such a warm and cozy home. I loved the tour and always enjoy seeing everything you do. Happy Anniversary!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary....I love love your wall paper very much so...I wish I owned my home to put paper up..it's been a dream of mine...with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Blogoversary! What a beautiful home tour - and oh my, that wallpaper - fabulous!!! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy blog anniversary! Your home is beautiful. Love that wall paper--men usually hate wallpaper...you are lucky! That shower curtain is really lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Bloggoversary! I'm so enjoyed my tour of your lovely home! Your blue and white wallpaper is so pretty.
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your home is beautiful! I adore the blue and white wallpaper...my favorite color combo! And, the built-in in the bedroom is fabulous! Thank you for sharing. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/11/make-it-pretty-monday-week-22.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for visiting my blog and becoming a follower. I am now one of your followers. Your home is lovely and I see those bamboo shades too. Howndonyou like them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Suzanne, First of all Happy Anniversary to you. Secondly, thank you for the lovely home tour. Your house is so cozy and warm. I hope that you took those pictures in stages because otherwise I am going to feel terribly guilty as my house has NEVER been that clean all at the same time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your home is stunning. Every room and every detail is perfection. Happy Anniversary. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your home is beautiful. I love the built-ins in your bedroom. I'm a new follower. Please stop by and see me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on your one year blogging anniversary! And thanks for sharing your beautiful home with us. Love your sleigh bed! Please don't tell me/us that your house is that neat and clean all the time, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations to you! One year sure does fly. I remember when you started. Your home is so lovely and tastefully decorated. Great colors too:) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for sharing your beautiful home at Wow and congrats on one year.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy One Year Anniversary! I have been at it since late June, so still have quite a ways to go. Your home is beautiful and I am a huge fan of blue! Love it! I am visiting from the Newbie Party and am your newest follower. Please stop by Still Woods Farmhouse for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy 1 Year! Your home is lovely and looks so cozy and welcoming. I can see why you love coming home to it after a long day at work.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your home is beautiful!!! I love your little girl's room - so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...