Wednesday, July 11, 2012

What? Me? Relax?

Welcome to the one space in my home where  I can actually relax.  What?  Me?  Relax?  Yep.  And it happens right here.


Every year I put a slightly new spin on things.  I rearrange the furniture or add something new, but the feeling remains the same.  Sit down.  Pick up a book.  Recline.  RELAX.


Here it doesn't matter if there's a faint coat of dust.  Or that the fern is shedding.


Other than the sofa and chair, nothing was costly.  Most are finds from a little antique store. Odds and ends I couldn't say no to for some reason.


More hand-me-downs from my MIL.


Plants that need fresh air and sunlight.  Like me:-)


And green all around.  Birds chirping.  The faint, distant whisper of car tires on pavement.  Kids next door playing basketball.  My children never think to look for me here:-)





Sunlight.  Moonlight.  Rainy days, too.





14 comments:

  1. Don't you just love screen porches? They're like an outdoor haven! Love your wicker furniture! It was worth the splurge plus all of your little touches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your screened porch is charming and I am glad YOU can relax there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely room. I feel relaxed just looking at it! I could sink into the chair beside the fern and let my body rest and my mind and imagination....take wing. Thanks. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your relaxing spot. So comfy. Seems you have some shade from the trees outside, so it's not too hot out there. Enjoy, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super spot for relaxing! Very cute and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why that's your relaxing spot! So pretty and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even I could relax in a place like that! How beautiful. I think I would spend ALL of my time out there!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is is a wonderful spot. I can imagine happily sitting in such a place with a good book and some chirping birds nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could relax here, too! I love all the greenery and the white cabinet should come here and live with me! Gorgeous!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it, love it, love it. At our old house we had a sun porch off to the side and I was always relaxed when I was there- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty and peaceful. It is great to have a place like that:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that room. Great place to hide out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We all need a place like this. Love all of your personal touches. I have a screened-in porch too...no one uses it but me and I think that's just fine! Enjoy your Sunday...maybe on your porch!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...