Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I like Christmas, don't get me wrong, but this is the most wonderful time of the year.  So filled with anticipation—school ending, camp beginning, staying up later, sitting on the screen porch, a tan (even though I shouldn't).  Sailing and swimming and eating crabs and being outdoors—all of it makes me feel like a kid again.

What could be better than just watching things grow?











You know those tags that come on small plants, the ones that warn you about future size and width?  It's probably a good idea to heed the advice written there.  These dappled willows were TINY when I bought them two summers ago.  Now look!  Yikes!



Time for a trim, I think.

The crepe myrtle was so small, too.  One day I suspect this girl will reach up to the second floor.  Next year, I plan to prune her so she can show off those pretty legs.  According to Google, I shouldn't do that now.



Take a look at these morning glory sprouts.  And you can see my little knockout rose bush in this shot.  Last year it was huge, but the voles nearly killed it this winter.  Nasty critters!  Miraculously, however, the bush actually came back.  My knockouts weren't knocked out, after all.  At least not all of them.  We had six.  Now we're down to two.




And my favorite part of the house during the summer is the screen porch.  OH, how I love sitting out here.



14 comments:

  1. Everything looks so pretty! I have that same willow bush. It's huge and needs to be trimmed twice during the summer! I love the varigated leaves it has.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love see my flowers bloom. We try to trim our crepe myrtles in late February. It is a huge job as we have a lot of them. I love a screened porch. It enables you to have time outside without mosquitoes. We don't have one now but I am glad you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree it is a wonderful time of the year when all the flowers come into bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this time of the year also....enjoying nature....I have a screened porch too and just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your plants are all doing great----some BETTER than great! lol I love this time of year, too. You know I have really good luck with most plants but I cannot get those flipping morning glories to grow for anything! Can you believe that? oh..well..I just bought two ore packs of them for my granddaughter to try her hand at. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my favorite time of year too! So many possibilities. I have never been sailing, but it looks so "free"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your plants and yard are looking great, and what a wonderful screened porch you have. Thanks so much for visiting. I can't wait to follow along and see all your creativity.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I love the dappled willow,especially.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I never really believe those little plant tags, but apparently they are there for a reason. I love all of your plants and that screened in porch is pretty darn amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. used cycles london
    Excellent Working Dear Friend Nice Information Share all over the world..God Bless You..
    used bicycles london
    used cycles london uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE our screened porch too, so I completely understand your love for it. After having one I can't imagine not having one. If we ever move the new house would have to have one, or it'll be added immediately! Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your sceened in porch, so nice and I bet it's wonderful sitting out there on hot days!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything is looking so green and lush. I have a screened porch too but haven't been able to get out and even clean it. This is the latest I've ever been. Have you shown pics of the inside of your porch? I'd love to see...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...