Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Little Changes = Big Happy

Okay, that title doesn't even make sense, but whatever.  I have piles of laundry still to do, and the kids aren't in bed yet.  I'm determined to do a post, though, and catch up on all my blogger buddies.  Even when I'm not posting or visiting, I am still thinking about y'all.  More on that in a minute.

A few weeks ago, I made a some small purchases, but these rather simple things made me happy.  In fact, they are still making me happy.


Pansies on the porch make me happy.  Given the heat we've been having, they may not last long, but I am enjoying these while I can.


The daffodils on the north side of the house are still in full bloom.  OH, you little happy flower!


See this cute, little Frenchie guy?  He was $5.00 at the local antique store.  Looks perfect in my kitchen window.  Yep, happy!


And look at my little bird!  Isn't he sweet…er…happy?  He was under $5.00 from Tuesday Morning.  He's moved a few times.

Here's a closer look.


Finally, I totally copied Kim at Savvy Southern Style with these canisters.  I love her kitchen, and I'll admit I've studied her decor more times than I can count.  Anyway, when I inquired as to where she got her canisters, she was kind enough to tell me.  These came from the Container Store, to the tune of $12.00 (each) or so.  It's so much easier to bake with the sugar and flour in plain view.



The little vase you see was around $3.00 or so.


Hope all of you are having a happy week!  I want to say thanks for taking the time to comment or follow me or just stop by.  I had no idea what this blogging thing would be like.  I was worried it would take up too much time or become a pain or no one would like my house or taste.  Something nudged me forward, however, and I promised myself this would be FFO, For Fun Only.  And it has been fun, thanks to all you kind, thoughtful, TALENTED, people.  Please know that I am truly grateful for your company and friendship here.  xoxoxo

17 comments:

  1. You have a lovely eye for decor! I use big canisters in my kitchen too! Your canisters look so pretty on your counter!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got your canisters. I need to get a couple more. Thanks for the sweet compliment. I study your decor, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking great...even if you did copy Kim!;>) (I'm teasing in case you didn't catch that) I love all your Spring touches. We can't plant outside here yet because it still goes down below freezing at night- ugh.

    I hope you have a wonderful time blogging. I do it FFO, too. Otherwise it is too easy to get caught up in that -I gotta do this..or show that...or need to buy this...or what will they think of that...whole thing. So, just do what your heart desires and enjoy every moment of it. You are gonna do great! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the little things that make me happy too:) Love that sweet little birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you--I can get so happy about some small purchase. I love everything you showed. Blogging should be for fun only--that is why sometimes I think I am boring people with too many pictures of my kids I tell myself--this is all about what I want to post! Funny thing is often the kid posts are very popular. Have fun and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I often get the most pleasure out of the things that cost the least. The little bird is especially sweet and I bet you have him around for years and years! ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your great bargains and your kitchen looks beautiful! (All you need is a dog in there...LOL!) I love Kim's style too. It is so nice being able to share ideas with people through blogs. It really is a wonderful community. I try to keep my blog fun also. I am behind on visiting people this week so I am trying to catch up before I post again...not that I have any fun projects to show at the moment. The kids just went back to school on Monday after 10 days of spring break so I am playing catch up around here too! Enjoy your day!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of glass canisters, too. Love reading your ideas (and Kim's)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Style doesn't have to cost a lot.:):) Love the bird, and those containers for flour and sugar. Smiles , Susie(She Junks)

    ReplyDelete
  10. like all your pics!!
    I agree, too, blogging is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How can you not be happy when you see a beautiful pansy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all your new little sweet things! I can't wait until it's warm enough here (northern IL) to put flowers all over my porch. We still have a chance of an overnight freeze, so I'm holding off.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun post. I've had all the same thoughts as you being a new blogger and yes, it is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all the little things you've added to make you happy. My favorite has to be be the little finial in your window and the sweet little bird. I love Kim from Savy Southern Style's decor and her sister's house is gorgeous too. No harm in copying. "Imitation is the sincerest from of flattery" ~Charles Caleb Colton Home Goods is one of my favorite stops. Pier One has been having some sweet sales too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your little porch pansies, I planted some purple ones in hanging baskets a few weeks ago and haven't managed to kill them yet! I've been looking for canisters like that for ages so thanks for the heads-up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your big jars!!! Now stick a pretty teacup or a silver baby cup in there for a scoop, and you will be fancy for sure!!!!
    Love your blog and come by every day or so for my dose of yellow!!!
    Blessings to you,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your big jars!!! Now stick a pretty teacup or a silver baby cup in there for a scoop, and you will be fancy for sure!!!!
    Love your blog and come by every day or so for my dose of yellow!!!
    Blessings to you,
    J

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...