Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter Whirlwind

It was a whirlwind, but such a good one.  We started spring break by packing up and heading to North Carolina, specifically, the Outer Banks.  Now I won't lie and tell you it was the perfect vacation, although in many was it really was.  The weather was so-so, chilly, windy, and sporadically sunny at best.  We did get two decent beach days, though.  Really, I was going just to relax, rain or shine, warm or chilly, and spend time with the family (sans oldest daughter who had to work). And we did just that!  Plus, I got to read and watch movies and exercise every day.  Heaven!



We always stay at Corolla Light (sounds like a beer, I know).  It's very family friendly, and my girls can be somewhat independent, biking for ice cream or shopping without mom and dad hovering like the helicopter parents we are.  The other great thing about an OBX spring break beach trip is that the condo prices are so much cheaper than they are in the summertime!






The sisters had time to reconnect, too.



Family lunch.  Yay!  No packing up school/work lunches for an entire week.


The trip was a blur, over in a flash.  But I can honestly say I rested, something I rarely do.

We arrived back home the Saturday before Easter.  Lots to do for the holiday.  This was the view from my bedroom window on Easter morning.  Breathtaking, and because I was still in relaxation mode, I actually stopped to soak it in.



The decorations were up before we left, obviously.  And I went grocery shopping as soon as the car was unpacked.

 
These cute eggs were from Michael's.

We have a tradition in our family.  The Easter Bunny leaves a trail of jelly beans from the girls' bedroom doors to the living room, where the filled baskets await.  The girls gather them up on their way down.  And, yes, they eat them, dust bunnies, dog hair, and all.  







A few more decorations, also from Michael's.



Still sleepy:-)


Who doesn't love a crazy girl in sponge rollers?


Off to church, of course.





Then it was time for the egg hunt.  Ninety-eight eggs filled with junk.




The girls found ninety of the eggs.  The rest will be shredded by the lawn mower, I suppose.





Just what we needed—more food.










Now it's back to reality, and y'all know what that means—laundry, cleaning, more grocery shopping, work, bills, etc.  Such great memories, however.  I hope every single one of you had a blessed holiday.

15 comments:

  1. I love your vacation photos...it looks so sunny and relaxing. We are going to Asheville next month, I love the mountains!

    Your daughters are so cute, I love your tradition of following the trail of jelly beans! Now that my kids are older, I miss those days when the Easter Bunny came! ;-D

    Your dinner looks delicious, I think we had the same exact thing! And I think I know how you feel when you come home from a vacation...that little slump time when you know it'll be awhile before another one! lol!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful, beautiful family you have. I am so glad that you had a wonderful time on vacation. I, too, have a hard time just resting and relaxing. It is hard to just let go of the high energy pace-of-life, isn't it?

    I love the jelly bean tradition....much nicer than our own which consisted of leaving a trail of cat pellets (cat food) from a window in to the baskets. We always told the girls it was bunny poop...and they did NOT eat it-lol

    I hope you are having a smooth transition to being home again- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi there! thanks so much for stopping by my blog earlier today! i'm here to look around and am following you back. you are just stunning in that profile photo - such a pretty lady. with beautiful children too.

    thanks again!
    samantha

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a beautiful family and I loved seeing your vacation photos! It was nice to have a beach-fix!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you had a great holiday. The jellybean trail is so cue and your children are beautiful. Thanks for visiting me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like your spring break and Easter was everything that you wanted it to be. Your girls are beautiful - just like their mom, I'm sure! What a cute tradition of leaving a trail of jellybeans from the Easter bunny. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a lot of fun! The tradition of the jelly beans is so cute. Btw-I finished Somebody Everybody Listens To and passed it on to a junior high girl at church; then I read Artichoke's Heart. Loved both of them! Girl-you can write!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suzanne,You have a lovely family. Your vacay pictures have a teensy bit envious. Ok maybe more than a teensy bit, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful spot for a family vacation. Sorry the weather could have been warmer, but I guess that's a hit and miss.
    LOOKS LIKE EVERYONE HAD A GREAT TIME.
    I'm off to check out your books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, How lovely. I am of the school of thought that beach time is complete relax time - I like off season because it is sparsely populated and I can go off in my own world and ponder the wonders of God - your girls are so lovely - I miss the days when I filled baskets, hid eggs - I found my children do too - they still look for Easter treats, filled stockings - my youngest is nearly 20! Beautiful Easter post - wishing you a very Delightsome day,

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely way to spend time together. I love the jelly bean tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your vacation looks idyllic. It's so rare that we (moms) have an opportunity to actually rest.

    I have to ask, where did you get your aqua plates? i love them.

    Jessica
    stayathomeista.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful family you have! Glad you and your family had a nice vacation! I love your jelly bean tradition too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely vacation photos...lovely home...lovely family...lovely FOOD...can I come and stay!!?? Joan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi,
    My name is Sarah and I'm with Dwellable. I was looking for blog posts about Corolla to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, drop me a line at Sarah(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you :)
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...