Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Easter Decorations

I love Easter decorations.  For starters, mine are simple, not fancy, and it makes my kids happy to see these bits of color around the house.  Truthfully, it makes me happy, too.  Here are a few pics to share.

Here's the Easter tree.  My mom bought this for my oldest daughter many years ago.  We still use it in spite of the fact that the tree itself has seen better days.  The decorations are still in good shape, though.




This Easter wreath came from Target.



And there I am in the mirror—AGAIN!


Pansies on the porch.  I love them.  The deer seem to love them, too.  Last year, I bought several cartons and left them on the porch overnight.  I planned to plant them the following day.  Came out the next morning to find pansy carnage all over the sidewalk.  I learned my lesson this year.  Pansies were planted immediately after purchase and coated in Deer Off!



Our grass so needs to be cut, but it does look pretty, all green and springy! And there is so much yard work to be done.  My lower back hurts just thinking about it.




This little guy was a Home Goods find.  I love my chocolate bunny.  He's center stage on the living room mantle.



I bought these candles last year and used them for a while.  They go perfectly with the water color you see.





The Rose Medallion china was my mother-in-law's.  The hubby and I inherited it when she moved to assisted living a few years ago.  It's so lovely.  She was very fond of it, and I'm happy to have it in my home.



These bunnies are living on the edge, I tell ya.




10 comments:

  1. I also love simple things! My favorite is the Easter tree your Mom gave your daughter with all those fab decorations! Pretty colors all around your house! Happy Easter!

    http://www.remodelandolacasa.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love all your pretty Easter and spring decoration's. I am big on door decorations and really love your wreath. The photo of your door opening outside to your yard is beautiful "post card pretty!"
    The pastel candle's look so perfect with your water color painting, I have never seen such colorful candles in pastel's before..I love them.
    A very pretty post! I enjoyed it so much.
    Have a sweet day and Happy Easter, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are all ready for Easter. It's all very pretty and I love your inherited china! ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter. You have the eggs and pastel decor all over the place. I have two bunnies, I think. But my kiddo is in college now. I do love your wreath an it is in your daff color and so pretty. hugs, olive

    ReplyDelete
  5. What pretty Easter things you have. Love your china that belonged to your mil...AND I love the fat chocolate rabbit on your mantle. I'll bet the kids love him, too. I can only see a glimpse of your lawn out the door but it looks beautiful! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have totally put be in the spirit of Easter. Thank you for this wonderful post! I would love it if you would share this at our What’s It Wednesday blog party. Hope to see you there.

    Paula
    ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suzanne your Easter touches look so pretty! Love the colored eggs in your bowls and dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Suzanne,
    Your touches for Easter look so bright and springy. I like the pastel colors of candles on your mantel to coordinate with the painting. I love the soft pastels of spring.
    Thanks for stopping by, Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Easter decorations...so festive and so pretty!
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the comment on my dresser! Now following you as well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...