Saturday, February 4, 2012

Pretty Curtains!

I love pretty curtains.  I love tassels and swags and fabrics and lining.  I love people who can make curtains.  I especially love people who can make curtains for a reasonable price.  I love walking around my yard and looking at curtains from the outside.  You might've guessed; this post is about CURTAINS!










Side swept.  I doubt this is a real drapery term, but you get the idea.  Since I didn't really need coverage in this room, I opted for curtains that swept to one side.  



Yes, that's a wheel barrow in the background.  For our anniversary, my hubby bought a winterberry bush.  Love those bright red berries.  Can't wait till it's warmer so we can plant it.  Okay, back to curtains.  








In the family room, kitchen, and mud room we did need coverage, so we opted for shades from Next Day Blinds.  Oh, how I love the instant (almost) gratification of NDB.  




When I was growing up, my mother shut the blinds every night.  I close these up, too.  I hate the feeling that someone could be looking in my windows.  If they want to peek inside, they should just read my blog!




Oh, how I love my bedroom curtains.  Bright and cheerful without being too much.  And y'all know how I love yellow.










As you can see, I used NDB here, too.  I'm very happy with the color of these shades.  Plus, they're room-darkening.  




Chose the same shade for our daughters' bathroom.




Should've chosen the same shade here, as well.  I picked this before we did the wallpaper.  Soon I hope to order a replacement and use this shade in the garage.




My twelve-year-old's room.  She picked the wall color, as well as the fabric for her shades.  




Reminds me of the wallpaper that was in my room as a child.




Pooh.




My youngest daughter picked out her fabric and wall color, too.  As you can see, I did not try to make this look like a Pottery Barn room.  I love Pottery Barn, but their kid rooms are scary neat.  I wish just once, like maybe for April Fool's Day, they would issue a catalog with real kids' rooms.  You know, dirty underwear on the floor, apple cores in the trash can, piles of discarded art work and school papers.







Master bath curtains are from Country Curtains.  I installed these myself.  


I love all the curtains in my house, but my favorite window treatments are the ones in the dining room. 











As of this post, I have SIXTY followers!  Thanks so much to all of you.  And if you're stopping by for the first time, I hope you'll be a follower, too.  








""/>




31 comments:

  1. All your curtains are so pretty! Tell your twelve year old her fabric is my favorite!! I am absolutely horrible at picking out curtains. Most of my house has plantation shutters, wood blinds, or bamboo shades. I love curtains... I just have a hard time committing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many lovely fabrics in your home as well as fabulous views. Aside from all of the pretty curtains, I really like the cheery yellow sofa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have lovely curtains in your home. I'll have to check out NDB for a few rooms in my home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your curtains but mostly I love your house! You have great taste and style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your drapes and all the fabrics you've chosen are lovely. I love pretty fabrics too and I think drapes are the jewelry of a room. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely fabrics!

    I had been living in rentals until just recently, so I was unused to having curtains in my home. But now that I own a house, I whipped some simple ones up and hung them, and holy cow, they really help bring a room together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fabrics and the coverings you've chosen are very pretty! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always, lovely! Congrats on the 60 followers...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful curtains,,,,every one of them! Love the pink paisley...adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your window treatments are beautiful. Also, I noticed some really pretty antiques...corner cabinet, desk, etc. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful curtains. Your home is so lovely. Thank you for stopping by to visit and following my blog.
    I'm happy to be following you already. :-)
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful home you have, and I love all of your curtains! I use to be a curtain girl, especially way back when the ruffles were in. Lol, I am telling my age here. I am a new follower, and can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! Your home looks lovely and your window treatments are gorgeous too. I'm a new follower too :)
    Cas x

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have a beautiful home and lovely curtains. I love the side swept curtains with the desk between the windows. so pretty. Your blog header is so pretty too. I also am a new follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping by and becoming a follower I've did the same for you:) What a beautiful home you have! I love the first picture you have on this post the curtains just go so well with the room!

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, you have some pretty beautiful window treatments. My favorites are the paisley blinds in your daughter's room. They are adorable!

    I also noticed that you are a teacher, me too! Isn't it sometimes exhausting keeping up a blog after you've been at work all day??

    I'm visiting from the newbie party and am your newest follower. If you have a free second (between grading papers, etc.)I'd love for you to come check out my blog and (if you'd like!) become a follower too.

    www.adventuresofourfamily.com

    Have a wonderful week,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  17. All your draperies are gorgeous. I agree they really set the tone for the room. I have found it really does pay to wait until you can get what you want. Thanks for stopping by my blog, i am following you back.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, I've just popped over from Lemon Lane Cottage. What a beautiful house you have, I am now a follower xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I share your love for pretty curtains! All of your fabrics are exquisite. I love how curtains change the look of a room...

    I'm your new follower :) Looking forward to seeing what else we have in common.

    Sharon @ mrs. hines class

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those are very pretty, bright and cheery. THanks for sharing with the newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your curtains and draperies are all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful home you have. I love all your window treatments and especially the blinds. I am a new follower and would love to have you visit me.
    Laura
    http://imsovintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have some beautiful curtains/window treatments in your home. I love those bamboo shades and the fabric ones in your daughters rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  24. and ... 69 followers! Thanks for the tour, you have a lovely home
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh yes I love curtains too! and yours are divine ! Every pattern and style is perfect for the room they are in..I have new curtains in the Master Bedroom and now I'm on the hunt for new living room curtains.
    A fun post! have a sweet day, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  26. I especially like the ones swept to the side in the living area. Bamboo shades are not only beautiful but very reasonable in price. We have them in our den.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your pretty curtains and blinds too! Those side swept ones are so beautiful! What a gorgeous fabric.
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love everything! Not just the curtains, but your whole house and decor is beautiful! I used to have a desk just like that, but sold it when I moved cross-country. Oh, how I wish I still had it! My Mom's favorite color was yellow, so I adore your yellow curtains.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your home is so happy and welcoming. The new curtains are wonderful choices, too! Glad to have dropped by for a visit here in this homey part of the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I totally agree with you! These curtains, blinds, and draperies are so beautiful! The good thing about them is that each is capable of giving character to the rooms they are placed in. The floral drapery makes you feel like you are living at the countryside. The blinds in the family room complement the color of the couch. The dining room curtains look like those that are used in Colonial or historical homes.

    Roxie Tenner

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello friends, these curtains look and feel very modern and luxurious. They really add style to our bedroom, living room, windows, and home décor.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...