Thursday, February 23, 2012

Insomnia

If this blog appears incoherent, that's because it is.  I went to bed at 10 PM.  At 1:00 AM I was still awake. Rather than lie in bed and worry about lesson plans and emails, etc., I decided to get up and tackle them.  Currently, it's 3:11 AM, and I am writing this blog.  Tomorrow should be fun, right?

Last weekend I decided to tackle something else that was bugging me—this lamp.



I bought this a couple of years ago at Home Goods.  I loved the design and the shade.  Plus, it was very reasonable.  If memory serves around $40.00.  Can't be that.



Initially, this room was a very neutral beige-ish/cream-ish color.  It's since been painted Old Navy, a Ben Moore paint.

There isn't much contrast between the lamp and the wall.  Note the planter.  I love the way this stands out against the blue.  Soooo…


Yep.  Out came the A.S.C.P.



I also tried adding a stencil to the front.  That didn't go as expected.  I would go into detail, but I'm too tired.



 I love the texture.  Please disregard the paint on the cord.  I honestly don't notice it.


I was liking this much better.  New lamp for no money.  The shade wasn't quite working for me, though.  Too bland.  


Not awful.  Just not right.

Texture!  That's what this little lamp needed.  Some texture.  Off to the store I went.





Of course, once I've dragged out all the paint supplies, I can't stop there.

These babies had been bugging me, too.  This room has lots of color.  What I needed was to tone down some of the accessories.



These glass jars went from green to…


Of course, then I had to move them because they looked so great in the kitchen.

Here's a view of the lamp from outside.


It's 3:30 AM, and I am going to TRY and get some sleep.  Wish me luck!

14 comments:

  1. Love the lamp and the jars. They look amazing. Yes, I am up at 3:30 too. Can't sleep either. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you have a late night cup of REAL coffee? Sounds like it -- that happens to me when I do! I've never been brave enough to paint anything but your things turned out really well! I MAY have to try it sometime! I just have to be brave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know all about insomnia! I seem to get my best sleep in the day time for some reason. Love that burlap on the lampshade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great restyle! Love the jars and of course the lamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You may still be sleeping LOL..but I wanted to tell you your lamp looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a fantastic job on the lamps and the jars. They look so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The lamp turned out great, that's a fact, but what caught my eye was this painting beside the lamp! Really like the colours!
    Love, Olga
    P.S.: i'm now your official first follower in bloglovin'! (following also via GFC). We'll be in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your lamps and containers are beautiful. Love the restyle! Thank you for sharing at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear you were struggling with insomnia. My husband has problems like that too. Your new lamp color and shade turned out great! I like the contrast they make against the blue walls. I'm very impressed with how those jars turned out too. They have an old world look to them now. They look good in your kitchen against the tile backsplash. Those were both good changes to make.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you got some sleep. I hate being up in the middle of the night. I love the lamp and jars. That lamp just faded into the wall. Now it really pops. Sweet dreams.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great transformation of the lamp and the jars. I love the painting too!
    Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate those kind of nights but learned to not fight them and to just get up and get something done, like you did. :))
    Love your lamp and jars.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both the lamp and jars look fantastic! Also, I'm loving that shade of blue on your walls and the painting!! I,too, occasionally suffer from insomnia, so you're not alone!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Painting is so addicting! I love how the lamp and jars turned out. I giggled when you showed the view from outside - imagining you outside with the camera looking in the window at 3am. Love your blog, followed you on GFC. Would love a visit from you! Have a wonderful day!
    Sherry's Bees Nest

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...