Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Best Bathroom Award Goes To…

It's the season of awards—Grammy Awards, Golden Globes, Oscars, etc.  Usually, I fall asleep before the end of any of them.  In the spirit of awards, however, I've decided to create my own.  It's called The Best Bathroom In Our House Award.  There are no prizes for this award, mind you.  


The nominees are…


The girls' bathroom.  Cue applause.




The master bath.  More applause.




And, the basement bath.  




And the winner is…  


The basement bath!




Admittedly, this picture is kinda blah.  I understand if you're not feeling the love just yet.  But take a closer look at some of the details.


Subway tile with dark grout.  Some glass tiles just for fun.  The builder's idea, btw.  There was nothing but a concrete slab down here when we first purchased the house.  So wish I'd taken before shots!



Pocket doors.  I think installing them was a pain in the you-know-what, but I'm so glad I pushed for this.  For starters, it saves space.  And it just looks good.  I love the light blue color, too.  Like most basements, it's dark down here.  The light, cheerful color helps brighten things up.



You might want to put shades on.  Oh, how happy this tile makes me!  Oh, how happy this tile makes me! 


After the tub and shower were installed, the builder asked if I wanted shelves.  The answer was yes, of course.  There's no real storage in this bath, which is fine.  We don't really need it.  This spot provides a space for functional things, as well as the pretty stuff.  My daughter made the crazy kid you see there.  



The pedestal sink makes me happy, too.  The towels were lucky Target finds.  




The black mirror isn't my thing.  Maybe one day I'll redo it.  Hmmm…  What color would y'all pick?









Initially, I worried about coverage here.  But there are shrubs right outside this window.  Plus, we live in the country.  Plus, the hubby is the only person who ever showers down here—usually on Sunday mornings before church with Zac Brown band blasting on the stereo.  Since he was a jock boy and grew up in locker rooms, I seriously doubt he would care if an entire marching band were outside this window.





There's a glimpse of my office in the background.  The office in my old house had lots of windows.  I loved it!  This office sometimes feels like a cave.  I'll do a post in the future and ask for suggestions.



As I look at these pictures, I realize I could embellish things a bit more.  A few additional pictures?  Or a shelf perhaps?  Honestly, there are so many little projects around here.  Maybe instead of diving into something else, I'll get myself off this computer, out of my cave, and go enjoy a pretty morning.  Yep, sounds like a plan.

17 comments:

  1. I wish I had 3 to make a choice from!
    Love the bath..like how you incorporated the window in the shower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the nominees are lovely! Yes I love the details of the basement bath, I love that subway tile! How about white for the mirror?

    ReplyDelete
  3. All fabulous bathrooms. They look amazing and love all the detail. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. All great baths! Love the floor tile too!
    Thank you for the Versatile Award! I feel so special! I've posted about it and hopefully many will visit with you too!!
    Again, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still love your bathrooms. You asked about my carpet cleaning,yes, I did it myself. I rented a Rug-Dr. and went to town. I did the family room and part of the living room (The walkway from the front door. ) It really does look so much better. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tiles and all the details like the polka dot towels! Great room!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous tile work..I really do like it and see how it is the winner. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the tile and colores you used! That's a fabulous bath!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the subway tiles and the accent ones. All the baths are wonderful. xo, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that bathroom! And you know what, I really like the black mirror with the black and white towels against the blue. And it ties in with the dark ground and that spectacular floor!

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the mix of colors. Has a happy look.
    Blessings Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great bathroom makeover, I love the tiles.
    Thanks for leaving a lovely comment on my blog - following you back !
    Fiona @justpaintitwhite

    ReplyDelete
  13. Regrettably my bathrooms wouldn't win any awards. They all could use an update and refreshening. Yours look wonderful. Love the blue (shocker!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the subway tile with glass tile band. It looks so chic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your basement bathroom if wonderful and I love subway tiles and also the tiles on your floor. They are two of the things that I want to use when I re-do my son's bathroom. Fully deserving of its award, Maureen.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved all three bathrooms. They all have their own unique quality. If only I had a basement bathroom - I'd be so happy!! My husband thinks it's ridiculous to hav one there. But - I want to refinish the two upstairs baths...so where will everyone take their showers while we do this huh? A small bathroom with a shower in the basement - that would be where!

    Oh well...

    Loved all your pics. Your family seems so sweet!

    Linda

    PS - pop over to my blog to see some of my latest projects - http://www.studioofdecorativearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...