Sunday, January 29, 2012

Girlie Bathroom OR Having Fun With Postage Stamp Feature

When we first moved to this house, I was thrilled that my two youngest daughters would finally have a bathroom of their own (oldest daughter has her own pad over the garage, complete with a full, albeit tiny, bath).  


This is not big or over-the-top fancy, but it is THEIRS.  For months I obsessed over what color to paint the room.  I did not want to have to redo it in a few years when they're teens.  I also had to use a color that would coordinate with our lovely hallway wallpaper, as well as with the whacky-colored tile work which you'll see in a minute.  So, I headed to one of my favorite stores, Benjamin Moore.






See what I mean about playing around with the postage stamp feature?  Kind of distracting, but I couldn't figure out how to remove it.




Here's the tile work I mentioned.  It's cool, but not what I would've chosen.  I like the classic, timeless look of white subway tile or marble, but this is fun.  My husband actually loves it, so it's staying.






Bought the bench and hand towels at a cute little store near the school where I teach.  The topiary was from Pottery Barn. The silver brush and mirror were handed down from my mother-in-law.  I love how soothing the blue color is. And do you want to know how much I love that shower curtain?  It pretty much made the whole room.  A splurge from Anthropologie.  When I'm old and senile, I might just wear this thing.  Yes, that's how much I love it.




We've had this print forever.  I love the way the flounce in the skirt speaks to the ruffle in the curtain.  I'm trying out the postage stamp feature and some decorator jargon now, too, apparently.




What a sweet sink!  And I love the dark mirror and faucet against the light blue, especially combined with the light cabinet and granite.




The towel is also from Anthropologie.  I've learned that it doesn't pay to scrimp on towels, at least not for this dirty family.  They wear out and look ratty.  Plus, I love that this one has such great texture. 



Picked this up at Pottery Barn.  My girls love him.




Yes, also from Anthropologie.  As you can see towel hooks are rarely used in this house.  Always easier to leave towels on the floor.




Let me tell you, there is nothing cuter than a skinny, brown-eyed, ten-year-old girl in a shower cap.  









""/>






14 comments:

  1. Such a great bathroom. Fabulous. I am sure the girls are so happy. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with your shower curtain too....The color you chose was perfect. Love the wall paper in the hall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That shower curtain is the icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll be able to head out to a ball in your shower curtain, it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy you linked up to the party. I love your bathroom redo. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the comment about wearing the shower curtain when you are old. Why wait? It is an awesome splurge. Girls should have their own bathrooms to grow into and beyond. Nice. Have a great week. ~CJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bathroom! It's nice that the girls have a bathroom for themselves. I grew up in a small cape cod house where my mom, sister and I shared ONE bathroom! I would have loved a seperate space!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks terrific! A great girl's bathroom without being too girly. Love it!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love your hall bath! I like that wallpaper too. I think the beige colored tile will keep it looking cleaner longer. So, I guess you could look at it that way. At least it's neutral and clean. I love your sink and the unique faucet too. Oh, and not to be left out.....the gorgeous ruffled shower curtain! Love it! I may share my kids bathroom soon too. Mine is not feminine though since I have boys.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous! The shower curtain is divine. I can just see a little girl wearing that shower cap. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just wanted you to know I nominated you for the versatile blogger award!

    http://mycozylittlefarmhouse.blogspot.com/2012/02/versatile-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. How pretty! I adore that ruffled shower curtain, it is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You made laugh with the comment of wearing the Anthro shower curtain. It does make the room. The curtain was worth every cent. I'm off to Anthro to check it out. My bathroom would look so much nicer with a shower curtain like yours. thanks for the inspiration Hugs, Maryjane

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...