Saturday, December 17, 2011

And to all a good night…

I love night time, especially after the kids are in bed (not that I don't love 'em, I do!).  So much of my life is noise—work and family and errands and that never-ending pile of laundry.  But not tonight.  Tonight it's quiet.  


I wonder how many of you like to look around your houses right before bed.  


The fire is slowly dying…   




Night lights are on…




The last candle is burning, though not for long…




The dishwasher is purring and churning…




The gifts are wrapped and awaiting the chaos of Christmas morning…




Such a pretty tree.  Just think of its journey and sacrifice…










The bathroom light left on, just in case…




Finally, there is rest…








8 comments:

  1. Very nice post. I love the evening, too and the early morning. I am an only child, so quiet time, I like :) Thanks for stopping by and following me! I will do the same. I love your tree, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post ! I love to feel the quiet of our home after everyone is in bed. Pure Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this post! Reminds us to step back and enjoy!~ I'm happy you found me! Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way! Looks like you are ready for Christmas! Enjoy!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cozy and so very warm. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas and thank you so much for visiting my blog and commenting.

    Your experience with the smelly tree sounds like one of my adventures!

    Again-
    Merry Christmas!
    It is all good-

    Laura
    Whiter Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greetings from Southern California.

    I am your Newest Follower :-)

    Have a Safe & Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice post! I have enjoyed reading your blog and look forward to what you have to say in 2012. Best wishes for a wonderful new year!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...