Thursday, November 17, 2011

Tis The Season…No wait!

Thanksgiving is one week from today.  This means that one week from tomorrow, I'll start getting the itch to put out a few Christmas things.  And I'll drive my family crazy with that 24/7 Christmas music.  Thought I'd share my fall decorations before I take them down!


My living room curtains are floral.  It always amazes me that I can easily change out the spring pinks and light blues for more fallish greens and wines.  Even orange works.


Two of my favorite fall decorations are the clear glass pumpkins.  They keep it airy and reflect light, which is so nice as it gets darker out.  You can get a better view of the mantel here.  The mirror was a great find at Home Goods.  Candlesticks are from all over the place—Home Goods, Target, and some I inherited from my mom after she passed away.



There is a glass pumpkin on this table, too.  He's hiding!


Plastic but rot proof.


I've had these wreaths so long I can't remember where I bought them.  


This wooden bowl has been in my family for a few generations.  Again, more plastic fall decorations.  It's not the same as the real stuff, I know.  But I hate buying all those pretty fall fruits only to have them get yucky by Thanksgiving.  



Finally, this is my guard duck.  I think everyone needs a guard duck.

Happy fall, y'all!













6 comments:

  1. Very festive looking! I'm a new follower....see you at your next post!

    ciao

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your little white pumpkins on the mantle...cute! Thanks for visiting my blog...trust me my house is hardly ever clean and organized...I just pick up to take a good pic :) I am now a new follower.

    All the best,
    Rachel~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your comments! And thanks so much for following me. Glad to have you here! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping over to say hi! I hope you have a great Thanksgiving, and enjoy getting on with the fun stuff of Christmas! Love that entry wallpaper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Jacqueline. So glad you stopped by. The wallpaper is from Thibaut. Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...