Monday, November 28, 2011

Oh We Need A Little Christmas!

I spent a good chunk of the holiday weekend decorating for the next holiday…Christmas.  There's something wrong with that maybe, like I'm not enjoying this cookie for worrying about the next cookie.  Oh, who cares! It's fun to decorate, right?


I haven't really given y'all a good look at this room yet, but here's a sneak peek of my living room.



This is a hand-me-down from my mother-in-law.  She calls it Green India China.  It's beautiful!



Usually, a water color hangs over the mantel, but at Christmas I replace it with this wreath.  The stocking holders say "Santa," although it's hard to see the A.


A scratch-free garland.  Just some cheapy stuff from the fabric store and ribbon.  





My dining room light fixture.  I love eating in a room that feels festive!




The top of my hutch.  I like to sprinkle a little Christmas everywhere.  Easy and inexpensive!


This is the mantel in our family room.  I have to keep it simple here, but I like the brass candlesticks minus the candles.



I made this wreath when my girls were little.  They went crazy over all the Santas.  It was not cheap to make, however.


Yet another wreath I made several years ago.


Just so you know, everything gets a bow at Christmas!



Even my Guard Duck.  My husband's lucky I don't put a bow around his neck!



Enjoy the season!

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog... loved visiting your blog as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things are looking great around your house! It's so much fun to see how others decorate for Christmas. I like your traditional style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by! I love looking at all the pretty houses, too. I've been working on that master bath, and I think I may have taken the Christmas theme a bit too far. Hope to share more later this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, and thanks for your visit! You look like you got a good jump on the decorating! I really like the greens and ribbons on your chandelier! I am still in the middle of decorating and hoping to finish by the weekend.

    From your comment, it sounds like you did not have the results you hoped for with the chalk paint. I will say that the finish is very dusty and chalky, and that I smoothed it out with steel wool and then clear wax to "set" the paint. It is still a little chalky but has a subtle sheen and doesn't make your hand dusty when you touch it. But to be honest, I am not sure I'll use it any more. I really had good success with Martha Stewart paint from Home Depot on my vanity and some desks I painted, and I will probably go back to that after I'm done with the dining room.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, everything is so beautiful, your mantel is very festive love the different stockings...
    You have certainly spread the Christmas Cheer at your house...I am still working on the Kitchen!!
    Your garland on the banister is lovely..
    May I ask you about the wallpaper in the foyer, I just love it!! What pattern is it? Is it recent or still available...? It might work for my foyer.
    All the Best,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you've been very busy decking all the halls! It's looking good. I like your variety of stockings hanging off your mantel. So playful! Thanks for the pretty tour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christmas is looking great at your home! You asked where I got my lanterns that I have on my front porch. The two larger ones were from a local store called BB Barnes, last year. The two smaller ones usually hang over my dining table under my outdoor pergola. I took them down for the winter and am using them on my front porch. I got those two at Pier 1.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I understand what you mean about decorating for Christmas during the Thanksgiving weekend. But, it seems to be what everyone's doing these days! Love all your blue, and the french doors in your heading are great! Thanks for visiting and following. I've done likewise!
    Best,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your home looks beautiful with all your Christmas decorations! Love your blue & white wallpaper...sooo pretty! Thanks so much for visiting...following you too!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for visiting my blog & leaving a comment. Your Christmas decor is beautiful!

    I look forward to following your blog!

    Smiles,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. BEAUTIFUL...absolutely Beautiful...I LOVE the color of your Table...Did you paint them?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...