Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I Got Sunshine On A Cloudy Day


This 



is the reason for


THIS 


After one too many dreary days last winter, I got inspired and painted the walls a brilliant shade of yellow.  I figured the light therapy would cancel out the winter blues.  And I have to say it's still working all these many months later.  It's rainy and chilly and rather sour here today, but in the multi-purpose mudroom, you'd think it was summertime.  

It's the place where we hang our coats and feed the dogs.




My treasured rooster rug lives here, too.  


And the light fixture is another change out from Shades of Light.  Still haven't installed that much-needed dimmer switch, however.  Someday…


The bulletin board helps keep us organized.  It was from Home Goods and I've repainted it a few times.   The S is from Anthropologie—so love that store!


As you can see, somebody else loves this room, too!


The sun isn't shining, but from the above angle it looks like it is.


Maddy, you are not a Stephen King character!



Love my plates.  The ones on the left came from Pier One.  The picture is a water color of the home where my hubby grew up.  Shade is from Next Day Blinds.





Hope this brightens your day!




5 comments:

  1. I love your sunshine!
    I need some your touch-

    I am off to read more-I am a retired English teacher.

    Enjoyed visiting,

    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Laura. I used to teach English, but I've taught creative writing these past few years. Just made mashed potatoes for my students. Taste is rarely a sensory detail they choose to include in stories:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did bring in the sunshine, great job!! I'm crazy about blue and yellow together and your mudroom looks incredible, not like any mudroom I've seen! Great photographs!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a neat space...so open and airy, you chose a fantastic color for the walls. The bench and blinds give it such a homey look {Maddie helps of course, what sort of dog is she?}.

    I don't know how I've missed your blog! Thanks so much for stopping by mine with your sweet comments on the kitchen. I am loving it!

    Have a wonderful day!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to all of you! So nice to get comments! Maddy is a a wire-haired Jack Russell, but we clip her so she's not too shaggy. She's thirteen so getting up there in years. She's much cuter than my picture indicates, especially with the freaky eyes:-)
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...