Monday, November 14, 2011

The first blog… Dum-dum-dah! Said dramatically.

Okay, for starters, I love to write and decorate and read and rearrange and plan and dream.  What I don't love so much are the technical aspects of blogging, hence the blurry picture above.  But, alas, I have a daughter who is 22 and quite talented when it comes to such things.  So, provided she'll help me get started, I expect the images to become sharper, the layout to actually be a layout, and some of the pictures of my home and garden that have been stored in my computer forever to make it onto the screen.

Oh, boy, do I have a LOT to learn!

There's also that little deadline I have (I'm actually a writer for young adults) and the lesson I should be planning right now (I teach part-time at a nearby high school) and those people who arrive here in the late afternoon (my two younger children, ages 10 and almost 12) and those furry creatures that bark a lot and the guy who comes home really tired and hungry at night.  Not sure how I'll manage everything, but I am so inspired by the blogs I've seen so far—one of my absolute favorites is Savvy Southern Style—so I  decided to try this just for fun.  After browsing around these past few weeks, I can see I'm not the only woman who loves Country Living and roosters in the kitchen and brightly colored walls.  And so many of you do a mean karate chop on those decorative pillows!

As for the title, that one was easy.  I love daffodils, and my favorite color of all time is yellow.  It's sunny and warm and always makes me happy, unless I've happened to paint my tight entryway an unfortunate shade of it, but that's another story.



Here's what it looks like from inside my front door.  No more bad-shade-of-yellow paint (picture the lines on a highway and you've got it), thanks to Thibaut wallpaper and a fabulous wallpaper hanger.

Welcome!  I can't wait to share and be a part of the community here.

Feel free to offer up your advice or tips, too!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to blog land! You will love it. Yes, it can be time consuming. I am so glad my blog has inspired you. Wow, what a compliment!! I look forward to more of your posts. Just be sure and look at a lot of blogs and leave comments and your blog will grow in time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, and welcome to blogging. Link up to my newbie party going on now...great way to meet new bloggers. If you look under my tutorials under my header it gives you a lot of info about parties and all kinds of helpful stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies! I so appreciate your kind comments. I've already posted more pictures. This could be addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome! I love your style and I'm also a magazine addict. I spend way too much time pouring over issue after issue.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...